Some friends that moved gave us their playhouse this summer. Woo-hoo! Now we have the ultimate backyard for the pre-school set. But, anyway, it took some moving and assembly to get it over our fence and set it up in our backyard, and the day was stiflingly hot and humid. Andy was sweating buckets! Abigail looked at him, pointed to the beads of sweat dripping down his forehead and face and said, "Daddy, you raining." Warren said, "Dad, you must be really hot because water is coming out of your head." Here they all are, "napping" in the play house.
This picture does not do the storm justice. It was July 30th, I think, and we were irrigating and a HUGE rainstorm swept into Mesa. Our entire lot was totally flooded, up to 8 inches in some places. The funny thing was that I had just taken all the kids to the grocery store to get stuff for my mother-in-law's b-day dinner. I had gotten Abigail and Avery out of the car and onto the curb as it rained and had gone back to retrieve Warren when the heavens let loose and soaked me and Warren. The girls were getting saoked, even under the plaza's awning; luckily our plight was viewed by several nice beauticians in their shop and they ran out to rescue my kids and then got us towels for us to dry off with, and let us wait out the 15 minutes of downpour in their store. Nice people make me happy.
One day water spilled on the floor and Warren decided it looked like a map of the United States. He really likes maps; in fact, we're re-doing his room and it will include a huge wall mural world map on one wall--a la the Boyle's dining room, for those of you who have been there. I always liked that.
When I put on makeup, I always get some harmless blush color out for Abigail and a brush and let her put on makeup with me. Well, I wasn't paying that great of attention one day, and she put her brush in lipstick and did up her face. I told her to go look in a mirror since she hadn't seen herself yet, and she said, "Mommy, I'm a mess!" But a happy mess...





No comments:
Post a Comment