
She weighed 8 pounds, 5 ounces, and was 20 inches long.

This picture is funny because Avery looks SO mad--like, "What did you just do to me?" Considering I gave birth to her naturally, I think I should be asking her that question...||


Did I mention that she came out ready to eat? Of our three children, this one sure figured it out the fastest.

Just a sweet photo--I'm crying, of course : )

My favorite photo of me and Avery. It is such a motivating, awe-inspiring and humbling experience to look into the eyes of a child so fresh from heaven. I can't say all the emotions that surface in that moment, but it is definitely a moment that begins a long relationship of trust and commitment.

Abigail meets Avery for the first time. I have to say, as excited as she was--and Warren--to see Avery for the first time, they initially ran into the hospital room most excited to see me, a rare occurence with all the visitors we had coming and going :)


Andy and I decided that next time around, we are skipping the pediatrician's initial visits and just hiring Abigail instead. She was just as good at checking for every finger and toe and identifying every body part. She loved--and still loves--to find Avery's ears, nose, eyes and eyes. She even yanked off the hat to find her ears and was thrilled to see that they were there.

Warren meets Avery. He is now the proud older brother or 2 sisters. He loves letting people know that he has 2 sisters and often, in his prayers, thanks God for "my sister, and my sister."

Making her fashion runway debut, here Avery is sporting the fabulous winter palette of baby pink and blue, designed by the hospital.


This is Avery's going home from the hospital shot. Notice the Christmas pajamas. She still loves curling up on my shoulder like she's doing in this picture.

Did I mention that Warren loves Avery?

I put this picture in because Warren loves building forts out of the couch pillows, and he is learning that those forts cannot be built around Avery, even if her "nose isn't covered," as he likes to defend himself.

Our first family photo [Thanks Gordon]. We are having a blast being a family of 5. Andy and I are outnumbered and that sometimes leaves me feeling like I'm running a pre-school, but it is all good. Warren and Abigail are so sweet with Avery, Andy is a huge help and I am feeling great. We are so blessed.

1 comment:
How is it possible that you look that good after just having a baby??!!
Post a Comment