Saturday, March 04, 2006

FEBRUARY PICTURES! Warren has a playgroup with 6 friends. This day we only had 3, so I gave them each a ride on the lawnmower. They loved it.

The following pictures were taken on Valentine's Day; if Valentines Day had a mascot, Abigail would be it!

Abigail inspects my decorations.

Uh-oh! It fell over! (P.S. Look at those eyelashes...)

Just another cute shot.

I thought I'd try to take some "posed" shots--Abigail had other ideas!

You're never too early to start reading...

Abigail loved the animal pictures in this magazine.

Hey--who let them in? Did you know that people have Scrabble tournaments? How hilarious is that? What's even funnier though, is that Andy and I went to one to see what is was like. No, we didn't play in it--we just watched people for a while.

This is Warren in his "lion cage"--actually a tomato cage.

Once Warren saw the camera, he said, "Take a picture of the lion in his cage!" What follows are the "lion" shots.





Abigail has a new favorite thing to do: she loves to crawl around the backyard and eat dirt. Here she is offering you some. (As you can see, she has already tried it!)

Want more?

I put this picture in because it has a good view of her 2 bottom teeth. She also has 3 on top. Shs thinks that with 5 teeth she can eat anything...

Crawling around under the grapefruit tree and scratching in the mud.

It kind of looks like a chocolate bar, doesn't it? If only it were . . .

I think this picture embodies Abigail's personality: on the go, moving forward, happy and adorable.

Several weeks ago, I was in the backyard planting seeds in my square-foot garden (yes, in AZ it�s time to plant!) while Abigail swung and Warren �helped� me. (That means he uses his own plastic watering can to water any plant that I just watered.) After a while, Warren disappeared inside the house and emerged with his �penny bank.� He took off the lid and asked, �Should we grown a penny?� in a very awe-struck voice. My first thought--but thankfully not the one that came out of my mouth, which probably should be the case with most of my �first thoughts�--was to tell him a flat, �No.� Thankfully, the mothering gene kicked in, and I replied, �Sure. In fact, let�s do an experiment.�
I picked up two small terra-cotta pots I had lying on the ground nearby and I let him scoop soil into each one from a prepared mixture I had in another container. I had about 10 packs of flower seeds with nice pictures of each flower blooming on the front. I laid them on the ground in front of Warren and asked, �Which seeds do you want to plant?� He chose some marigolds--not my favorite, but this was his experiment. We ripped open the seed pack and I dumped marigold seeds into my hand. We poked some holes for them in the soil, placed them in and covered them. We did the same with two pennies. I got out a Sharpie and labeled the pots, �Flowers,� and �Pennies,� along with some rough drawings. Finally, we filled his little plastic watering can and watered them, all the while discussing which we thought would grow. Then I silently prayed that there were no weeds in the penny pot to sprout, and that the marigold seeds would grow! We carried the pots inside and placed them in the windowsill for daily observation and I returned to the garden. A few minutes later, Warren came running out of the house, a wooden train in each hand, calling, �Should we grow these, too?� I laughed and said, �Let�s wait and see if the pennies grow.�
Thankfully, the flower seeds grew, and there were no weeds to grow in the penny pot, as shown in this picture, taken at the end of the month.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: